Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ghent or Antwerp for one night? Which is better?

I am thinking of trying either Ghent or Antwerp for a night and then spending a couple of nights in Bruges. Would anyone mind giving me any info on which place is better? Also any recommendations on places to stay? would they have parking? Any info back much appreciated. We are looking at going around the end of December.




|||



You will get different answers from different people. I would go for Anwterp, only because i have a %26quot;subjective%26quot; preference for that city (over Brussels - where I live and Ghent - what I don%26#39;t know so thoroughly). But in any case: I can assure you that both are nice.



If you give a price range, I could advice some places in Antwerp. By the way, Ghent is very close to Bruges (by train), you can also do it as a day trip from there.




|||



Personally, I found Antwerp a little disappointing, but again, it%26#39;s all what you%26#39;re looking for. Antwerp has a small, touristy centre near the cathedral and then miles of big-name shopping that you can find in most large European cities.





I personally loved Ghent because it had gorgeous buildings (like Bruges) less tourists and great nightlife. Heck, I would even recommend staying in Ghent and commuting to Bruges (only about 15 minutes by train)




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:31 am, October 05, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment