Thursday, April 19, 2012

Gift to bring Host

I am going to Belgium next week and I would like to bring my host a small gift. Is there anything I could bring from the U.S.A. that is hard to find there? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Emily




|||



If your host is Belgian, I would advise you to bring some sort of food speciality of your country/region/city (cookies?). If American, there can be very little they can%26#39;t get: Hershey%26#39;s products maybe or perhaps latest release U.S. DVDs.




|||



Although I will eat Hershey chocs myself they do not compare with Belgian chocolates, so maybe not the greatest gift. With American Dvd%26#39;s you have to watch out too since they may not play on European dvd players. Now how about a nice warm U of Michigan sweater for the colder days in Belgium?




|||



I was assuming an American would be using an American/multi-region DVD player! And I have indeed met an American who was homesick for Hershey%26#39;s products (and Oreos, although you can get those here) despite or perhaps because of being surrounded by Belgian chocolate.



Nationality is going to make a difference, if you are visiting a Belgian or other European, I can%26#39;t think of a single thing that is %26quot;hard to find here%26quot; - but then, if it is hard to find, how would we know about it?




|||



Thanks for your suggestions! I should have specified that my host is Belgian. Thanks! Emily




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, October 01, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment