Friday, March 23, 2012

1900 Euro per month in hand will be OK to live ? Please hel

Dear All



I am Joshi Thomas from India.





I got an IT job in Brussels and I am mobing to Brussels within 1 month. The employer will pay me 2300 Euro( this is after tax), out of which 400 will deducted by him for the rent for a decent accomodation. I am left with 1900 Euro in my hand every month. I have to manage food and other expense from this. I know cooking, so I will cook and eat, and will not prefer to eat from outside.





I prefer to visit places once in a month while I am there.





I would like to know about the cost of living in Brussels.



Can I live a good life in Brussels with this amount ?



Please can you give me some idea about grocery items, food and drinks price ?





I plan to save around 1400 Euro a month.





Please help.



thank you



Joshi




|||



Tripadvisor is for travel/tourism questions, not %26quot;living%26quot; questions, for that you would do better to use a site like www.xpats.com.



Certainly you can live on €1900/month but €500 will be a tall order, although a lot depends on exactly how and where you would be living (and working). Whatever food you want to buy will be cheaper at downmarket chains like Colruyt and Lidl than, say, Delhaize and Carrefour.



On top of €400 rent you will almost certainly have charges, common and/or individual (based on your own consumption), for gas, electricity, water, heating (if different from gas and electricity, e.g. fuel oil), TV cable, telephone, maybe internet. You%26#39;ll have to ask your landlord and/or other tenants about this.



You also need to consider transport costs, if you don%26#39;t live within walking distance of work. If you need to use buses, trams or metro every day, your best bet would be a monthly ticket, which costs €41.50 (you have to go to one of STIB%26#39;s offices and get a %26quot;carte client%26quot; with photo etc., then buy a monthly coupon, which is valid for a calendar month, and can be bought from newsagents, supermarkets etc.). If you would not be using public transport everyday you would do better to buy a 10-trip Mobib chip card for €11.20.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, October 10, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment