Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Weekend away

Hi there





I am hoping to get some advice on a (romantic) weekend away in Germany or Belgium. My husband and I live in Amsterdam, and would like to travel somewhere on by train, preferably 2 - 3 hours travel time.





I have found a list of places I can get to on the train



nshispeed.nl/en/…belgium-by-train





Any recommendations? I wouldn%26#39;t mind going to one of these main destinations and then catching a short train or bus to a small village if that opens up better options.





Thanks




|||



I%26#39;d recommend Namur or Liege for the French style culture. In Namur, depending on budget, try and get a room at the Tanneurs hotel.





http://www.tanneurs.com/en/index.html





You could also visit Dinant by train from there.





Otherwise any of the Flemish cities listed would be nice too.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 11, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment