Thursday, March 29, 2012

help with Antwerp public transportation

What is the best way to get from the Centraal Station to the Antwerp Diamond Hotel? I know this has been addressed previously on this site (take #2 or #15) but when I look on Google maps there are no little %26quot;M%26quot;s near the hotel. Some of my Antwerp friends refer to it as the tram, some people call it the metro, are there two separate systems?





Is there a tram/metro station inside the Centraal train station or do I have to use the Diamont station? I tried the Delijn trip planner and my Flemish isn%26#39;t good enough.






|||



From the train platform in Antwerpen Centraal walk 4 min. to premetro station Diamant (lowest level IN the station), take premetro (tram/metro) no. 2 in the direction of Hoboken and get off at stop Charlottalei (3 min.). Then walk another 4 min. to the hotel.





I think it%26#39;s faster to walk to the hotel than having to wait for a tram!





Metro/tram/premetro ... it%26#39;s all the same system.






|||



Thank you for the clarification. I think you%26#39;re right about walking even with luggage but if it%26#39;s raining I may want the tram. Also, I%26#39;m expecting some late nights and will need to use your directions in reverse!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:23 pm, October 09, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment