Thursday, March 29, 2012

So, Central it is.....

I already asked and was answered my question about the difference there is about changing trains in train stations when traveling with luggage. It was recommended Central Station. Oh, I forgot to say I will take the train at Bruxelles Int%26#39;l Airport and my destination is Bruges of course for those who didn%26#39;t see my last post.





So, this is my question:





When I buy the tickets, Should I say I want to change in Central?, or maybe, say: Tickets to Bruges via Central? These might sound maybe silly questions but it is very important to know these small details that could help release the stress that one might already have because of jet lag. I begin my journey at 9:40AM and arrive at Bruxelles at 9:05AM the next day. So, that%26#39;s why these small details will help me feel less stressed when we arrive at the airport and have to buy the train tickets to travel for a few more hours in order to arrive at our first stop in our schedule. (Our schedule is Bruges, Paris and London.)





So thanks in advance for your helpful reply.





Yvonne




|||



All you need to ask for is %26quot;so many tickets to Brugge, please, one-way%26quot;. They know you can%26#39;t get there without changing trains in Brussels and it makes no difference to the price whether you change at Nord, Central or Midi: one Brussels (city) station is the same as any other. (For the record, Brussels Airport is in fact outside the city and region of Brussels, in Zaventem, Flanders!)




|||



Dear qaminari:





Thanks for your answer to my post and also for the geography information. It%26#39;s important that a tourist know these details. It%26#39;s good to be able to find one%26#39;s bearings.





So, I buy the tickets as suggested and once I%26#39;m at Central I check the next train to Bruges and I%26#39;m on my way.





Thanks again.





Yvonne




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, October 10, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment