Thursday, March 29, 2012

Train from Brussels to Bruges

Hi





I%26#39;m going to Brussels for a few days for my birthday in October and would like to spend a day in Bruges whilst I%26#39;m in Belgium as I%26#39;ve heard it is a really pretty city.





As I%26#39;m only there for a few days I like to be prepared before I go! So, does anyone know which train station connects the two cities. I know it takes approx 1 hour but I can%26#39;t seem to find out if its the central, south or north station in Brussels I need to travel from.





Thanks in advance for your help




|||



All of them. Trains to the coast (Oostende, Knokke and Blankenberge, which stop at Ghent and Brugge), start at Nord and pass through Central and Midi. These 3 stations are all in a line and pass through the centre of Brussels (in a tunnel: at Gare centrale the tracks are underground).




|||



thank you so much for the information.





do you know if i can stay on the eurostar train and get off at the north station (it only talks about the midi station on the internet) as the north is closer to my hotel?





thanks again




|||



I%26#39;m afraid the Eurostar terminates at Brussels-Midi so you will have to change trains there for Brussels-Nord. Don%26#39;t worry, there are plenty of trains that call there - all trains going to Antwerp stop there, as I suspect do those going to Leuven, and that%26#39;s just for starters.




|||



thanks, your help is very much appreciated




|||



Also all those to the airport. While you have to change trains, your Eurostar ticket is valid on the local train to Central or Nord, as it is to Brussels and not specifically to Gare du Midi, even if that is unfortunately where it terminates.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, September 29, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment