Saturday, April 21, 2012

Train cost BRU - CDG

I´m looking to get to/from Brussels to Paris CDG airport. Ideally I´d like to go directly (before %26amp; after long haul flight) rather than via Gare du Nord but I´m finding the price differences huge. Thalys to Paris is 50 euro return, the TGV to CDG is 141.





Am I missing a discounted fare on the TGV?




|||



€50 return is surely a promotional fare for Thalys! If I wanted to go to Paris tomorrow and return the following day I couldn%26#39;t do it for less than €143 (€61 Mezzo one way and €82 Librys the other), although of course there are better prices booking much longer in advance.



I don%26#39;t know what dates and times you were investigating with the TGV to and from CDG, but basically the price is what it is, for the trains in qusetion (don%26#39;t forget that this connection essentially replaces Air France flights - although there is now 1 SN flight a day from BRU to CDG, at 10.40)! I know of no discounted TGV prices, can only suggest you play around with different departures - but I know last time I looked it up there weren%26#39;t that many direct connections between Brussels and CDG, and to avoid long waits it may be necessary to go via RER and Thalys from Gare du Nord anyway.






|||



I´m not traveling for a few months, in fact my tickets aren´t even on sale yet I was just researching.





On Thalys, if you book well in advance, you can pretty well always get Smileys fares (Amsterdam - Paris 69eur return). It struck me as strange that it costs more than twice that to go Brussels - CDG but if that is the case, so be it.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, October 06, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment